Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Day of Solder, Paper, and Vinyl

I finally spent the time to set up my soldering station. After mounting the electronics and designing the wiring, it was time to solder the circuit together. I had a fun time routing the wires in and around the boards. I also kept the circuit color coded like it was in the diagram I drew. By the time I finished, the inside of my electronics box looked like a land of rainbows.
My dad's work has a printer meant to print large blueprints and diagrams so he printed out the outlines of all the continents. We then started cutting out the paper borders to transfer them to vinyl sheeting but when we held up South America to the globe, we noticed the printout was a little to big. Oh well, we will have to try again another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment